Privacy Statement & Cookies
Internet Central Ltd - Privacy Statement
We regard your privacy as important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to send you information about products and services in which you register an interest. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this purpose. We will not pass it on to any third party.
Other than as set out below, the Internet Central Limited site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than information that is automatically logged about visitors and which is used to produce statistics about the use of the site. The following types of information are automatically collected and stored about any visit:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the site;
- the type of Internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access the site;
- the date and time you visit the site;
- the pages you visit on the site;
- if you linked to our site from another Web site, the address of that Web site;
- if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
This information is collected by our web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To optimise our site and locate potential dead links.
- To enable content customisation.
- To allow shopping and account management for customers.
- Google - for web tracking and statistical information on usage of our site and effectiveness with Google Trends.
- Main Web Site(s) - For shopping and account management within the site.
- Support Site - To provide live chat services for our customers and on-line assistance.
Continued use of the site assumes your understanding and acceptance of our policy.
We may collect and process information that you provide by filling in forms on our site so that you may access 'Industry White papers' and other information from our site, e.g. newsletters and our Business Continuity and Security Library or otherwise use our services, or if you make a general enquiry or ask us to contact you. In each case we will use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to use. We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. We may also contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way you should tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or notify us at any time by contacting us at our registered office.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.